[OTDev] Q-edit & Testing results

Christoph Helma helma at in-silico.ch
Mon Aug 22 18:43:00 CEST 2011

Dear Pantelis,

> Some IST  models cannot be parsed.  Jena says:
> SEVERE: qedit.task.ImportModel at ec1c4d failed:
> com.hp.hpl.jena.ontology.ConversionException: Cannot convert node
> "http://www.opentox.org/api/1.1#ModelPrediction"^^http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string to OntClass: it does not have rdf:type owl:Class or equivalent
> com.hp.hpl.jena.ontology.ConversionException: Cannot convert node
> "http://www.opentox.org/api/1.1#ModelPrediction"^^http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string to OntClass: it does not have rdf:type owl:Class or equivalent
>
> which means that http://www.opentox.org/api/1.1#ModelPrediction should
> be an Ontological Class (or at least a resource) but it's a literal -
> the error sources from
> http://toxcreate3.in-silico.ch/model/9304/predicted/value (see
> attachment).

Thanks for alerting us!  I hope to have fixed it in our development
branch. It will take some time until the new version makes it through
our tests to the master branch and to "offical" models. If you want to
test in the meantime you can use one of the models at
ot-test.in-silico.ch/model (after tomorrow).

> Question: Shouldn't all feature URIs follow the pattern /feature/{id}?

As we do not have a separate feature store, features are kept under the
URI of the parent object (model or dataset as appropriate). I remember
faintly that we have discussed that some time ago on the mailing list
and we agreed that feature URIs as sub-URIs of other services are ok.

> Also I think that the triple:
>
> http://toxcreate3.in-silico.ch/model/9304/predicted/value
> http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#anyURI
> http://toxcreate3.in-silico.ch/model/9304/predicted/value
>
> is not much meaningful.

Agreed, but ist valid OWL-DL ;-). Does it cause any problems - if not I
would prefer to keep it at the moment, because I fear to break other
parts of OWL-DL serialisation.

> @All:
> Please use http://www.mygrid.org.uk/OWL/Validator to make sure that your
> representations are OWL-DL valid and http://www.w3.org/RDF/Validator/ or
> http://inspector.sindice.com/index.jsp to check the structure of your
> RDFs.

We do nightly tests with http://www.mygrid.org.uk/OWL/Validator (if it
is not down), but somehow prediction features slipped through. Sorry,
OWL-DL validation of prediction features should be in our tests by now.