[OTDev] validation search functions with model

Christoph Helma helma at in-silico.ch
Wed Aug 24 14:23:34 CEST 2011

On Wed, 24 Aug 2011 14:28:40 +0300, Nina Jeliazkova <jeliazkova.nina at gmail.com> wrote:
Non-text part: multipart/alternative
> Dear Christoph,
>
> On 24 August 2011 14:18, Christoph Helma <helma at in-silico.ch> wrote:
>
> > Dear Nina,
> >
> > I am not sure if Martin has replied already:
> >

> > http://opentox.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/validation is the "official"
> > validation service for all partners. For better load balancing we deploy
> > additional services, e.g. webservices.in-silico.ch/validation for
> > toxcreate.org,
> > ot-test.in-silico.ch/validation for ot-test.in-silico.ch
> > and most recently lazar-services.in-silico.ch/validation for
> > lazar.in-silico.ch.
> >

> Thank you.  As ToxPredict operates with arbitrary model URIs, what we the
> best way to find out where the validation (and reporting ) resources for
> particular model resides ? The question concerns not only models, built by
> ToxCreate , but any models, registered in the ontology service (and thus
> used by ToxPredict).
>
> Perhaps we should agree on some linking between model , validation and
> reports, if these don't exist already?

Yes. We are currently storing these associations within ToxCreate, but a
common OpenTox mechanism would be very useful.  At present we can trace
back from reports to validations to models (@Martin please correct me if
I am wrong), but not the other way round.

I can see the following options:

- Register reports instead of models in the Ontology service (not very
  intuitive)
- Add validation/report URIs to model metadata (at present our services
  prohibit modifications of models after creation to avoid invalidation of
  validation results)
- Store association between models, validations and reports at the
  Ontology service