[OTDev] New applications

Pantelis Sopasakis chvng at mail.ntua.gr
Tue Nov 1 08:32:50 CET 2011

Hi Barry, All,
	I would be interested in developing such an application. If OpenTox web
services implement what we called "Automatic REST documentation" it will
be easy to build a web interface for ANY OpenTox web service. This would
mean that whoever implements a new OpenTox-compliant web service and
registers it in the ontology service will be able to see it running
using the web interface.

	In the beginning of OpenTox we had designed such an interface where the
user was prompted to choose their own parameters.

	Optimization of model parameters is also a bet. AZOrange (developed by
AstraZeneca) implements a module for automatic tuning using empirical
criteria and exhaustive search [see for exampe Table 1 in
http://www.jcheminf.com/content/3/1/28 ]. The problem with this approach
is that it is quite time-consuming and it is a challenge to design and
implement gradient-based algorithms that perform faster.

	Let us know if there is some opportunity.

Best regards,
Pantelis