[OTDev] OpenTox API Examples using cURL (and not only)

Pantelis Sopasakis pantelis.sopasakis at imtlucca.it
Sun Oct 6 17:53:32 CEST 2013

Hi Egon, Nina, All,

I just made a tentative push to make sure that everything works fine.

Question: How do we provide the curl examples? I guess a good option is in Shell (as curl commands accompanied by other useful shell commands and with comments to explain what exactly is going on and possibly link to the OpenTox API for further information). Additionally, we can create some shell scripts that facilitate certain procedures, e.g., the users provide their credentials, a dataset URI, a feature URI and an algorithm URI and the script acquires a token, feeds it to the algorithm service, receives the URI of a task, monitors its progress and returns the URI of a model upon successful completion and then invalidates the token. Example interface:

$ train.sh -u myusername -p xyz123_password -d http://someserver.com/dataset/1 -f http://other.server.org/feature/12 -a http://server.net/algorithm/svm

Other ideas?

Best,
Pantelis Sopasakis
Post-doctoral Fellow

IMT Institute for Advanced Studies Lucca
Piazza San Ponziano, 6
55100 Lucca – Italy
Tel: +39 0583 4326 710
Fax: +39 0583 4326 565