[OTDev] link outs in OpenTox?

Egon Willighagen egon.willighagen at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 09:45:37 CET 2014

Nina, others,

how can I get links out in OpenTox/AMBIT for structures, preferably
Linked Data style?

What I am thinking of is the SD file WikiPathways, which we had a
first go on last week. But I want to have links to the matching
WikiPathways pages. Some metabolites have multiple pathways in which
they are involved, some many, such as ATP...

So, OpenTox already is Link*able* Data itself (each compound has a
URI) that is even dereferencable (the URI returns RDF), but how can we
get it to make links out, OpenTox being a node in a Linked Data
network... Is this functionality already existing (if not, let's make
this a proposal)?

At a SD file level, I was thinking of providing these links with
predicates as property fields:

> <http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#seeAlso>
http://www.wikipathways.org/index.php/Pathway:WP1034

Or if there are multiple:

> <http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#seeAlso>
http://www.wikipathways.org/index.php/Pathway:WP1034
http://www.wikipathways.org/index.php/Pathway:WP245
http://www.wikipathways.org/index.php/Pathway:WP1

So, it nothing exists, my proposal is to make a few URIs "special"
features in OpenTox, in that they define a Linked Data network, and in
that are expected to be handled slightly different... at least, not
like a label/name or a LogP value...

In particular, I want to see them as clickable links.

Does that make sense? Does something like this already exist? How
should the OpenTox API do this?

Egon

--
Dr E.L. Willighagen