[OpenTox Association] Working Group Virtual Meetings

Thomas Exner thomas.exner at douglasconnect.com
Fri Sep 11 21:31:28 CEST 2015

Dear all:

Please find attached a summary of the pre-conference virtual meetings of
Working Group 2 (AOPs) and 3 (standards). If you have addition points
for the Dublin meeting, we are happy to include them.

Best.
Thomas

Short presentations:
· Overview of AOP-KB and its modules (Clemens)
· Overview of OpenTox standards and deliverables (Thomas?)
· Data format of AOP-KB Hub (i.e. the upcoming data interchange
interface with AOP-KB – to be handled by Hristo Aladjov, who will be
present in the session)
· Intermediate effects DB (IEDB) module, data format "OECD Harmonised
Templates": Making science findings acceptable in the regulatory domain
(Clemens)

Target outcome of discussion (in parentheses the WG(s) that contribute
mostly or profit mostly from the outcome)
· Agreement on possible collaboration/synergy between Opentox and
AOP-(KB) community, esp. consolidation of available formats and
definition of recommendations (both WGs)
· Agreement on joint effort to create a closed vocabulary/ontology in
the AOP domain, with a pilot exercise for the "Key Event" naming (mostly
WG2)
· Regulatory acceptance of AOPs: How can our collaboration help? (mostly
WG2)
· AOP -> consists of several Key Events -> each of them
detectable/measurable with one or more test methods: How can our
collaboration lead to a homogenous description of methods? (WG2 + WG3)
· More general: How can we define standards for data and metadata
exchange (WG2 and WG3)
· Communication strategy with experts to understand the specific
requirements of each experimental technique (WG3)
· Possible ways of harmonization with vendors of experimental equipment
(WG3)
· Agreement on how to harmonize with other biological and biomedical
domains for standards for data and metadata (WG3)
· Linking data and metadata to AOPs produced from them (standard format)
(WG2 and WG3)
· Guidance on how to access AOP-KB data for further analysis and
predictions in third party systems (WG2 and WG3)