[OpenTox Association] Working Group Virtual Meetings

Thomas Exner thomas.exner at douglasconnect.com
Fri Sep 11 21:43:26 CEST 2015

Dear all:

And here the summary for working group 1 (APIs) and 4 (deployment).

Looking forward to see as many as possible of you in Dublin.
Thomas

Joint meeting of WG1 + WG4 on 9-SEP-2015

WG1 related aspects:
Discussion will be held in Dublin to condition the APIs towards large
data sets  .
Use of RDF not favoured now, probably will be replaced with JSON
Main emphasis needs to be on the data structures, what is provided and
not how it is provided. Technical implementation will be guided by the
needs of interchangeable data formats.
Incorporation of experience from other projects like ToxBank and
eNanoMapper, others have to be identified

WG4 related aspects:
Goals and activities in the Working group overview were agreed.
A shared google sheet was set up to create an initial directory of
OpenTox services and data (see here). Everyone is encouraged to fill in
relevant information. A better solution would be desirable in the longer
term that facilitated ensuring the information was kept up to date (e.g.
checking if the service is still running, and stating when the code
repository was last updated).
We do not yet have participants from two of the original OpenTox
developers: Nina Keliazkova’s and Stefan Kramer’s groups. Including
their expertise in the working group activities is highly desired.
Yanli Wang from PubChem attended and pointed out the resources at
PubChem. We will want to discuss whether/how to access non-OpenTox
compliant services like these.

During the Dublin meeting we will initially combine the working groups,
and break out into separate groups as necessary.