[OTDev] Toxicology Terminology

Nina Jeliazkova nina at acad.bg
Thu Apr 23 11:36:14 CEST 2009

Dear Vladimir, all,

Poroikov V.V. wrote:
> Dear Colleagues,
>
> I would like to remind you that on February 9, 2009 I have sent to all of
> you the first draft of the controlled vocabulary with description of terms
> related to QSAR & Toxicology area, which were prepared by Sergey Novikov and
> Natalya Skvortsova in the framework of our project. This information might
> be useful for Harsha as well as for other people working in this field.
> Maybe, it is reasonable to put this information on our public OpenTox
> web-site? What is your opinion?

I would definitely support integration and making available all
information developed within the project or outside on this topic .
Text mining efforts would definitely need a formalized ontology in
addition, or built from free text vocabularities.

An interesting development would be extending the Oscar system to mining
chemistry documents  http://wwmm.ch.cam.ac.uk/wikis/wwmm/index.php/Oscar3
with mining toxicology information.