[OTDev] POST for feature selection

chung chvng at mail.ntua.gr
Mon Oct 5 17:43:19 CEST 2009

Dear all,

In API 1.0, there is no POST for feature selection algorithms. I propose
the following RESTful operation:

***POST /algorithm/preprocessing/featureselection/{feat_sel_algorithm_id}

***Posted parameters: dataset_uri (dataset URI to which feature
selection will be applied),
feature_definition (URI for the target feature_definition except this
information is somehow included in the dataset)

***supported mime types: text/uri-list, text/plain

***Returns: URI list of (selected) feature definitions OR a URI for a
created dataset (I think that sounds more reasonable).

***Status Codes:
200 : OK
202 : Accepted / Not completed
404 : Dataset URI of feature definition URI not found
400 : Bad request, Malformed URI for dataset or feature definition
500 and 503 : Server side errors.

Best Regards,
Pantelis