[OTDev] POST for feature selection

Christoph Helma helma at in-silico.de
Tue Oct 6 16:03:48 CEST 2009

Excerpts from chung's message of Mon Oct 05 17:43:19 +0200 2009:
> Dear all,
>
> In API 1.0, there is no POST for feature selection algorithms. I propose
> the following RESTful operation:
>
> ***POST /algorithm/preprocessing/featureselection/{feat_sel_algorithm_id}

I agree in principle, but I would separate the algorithm ontology from
the algorithm webservices (see my proposal for the API 1.1
http://opentox.org/dev/apis/api-1.1/Algorithm), as well as the feature
ontology from the features. This would lead to a single POST method for
all algorithms, that would work also for feature selection:

POST /algorithm/{algorithm_id}
Parameters: dataset_uri, [optional algorithm parameters]
Returns: dataset_uri (e.g. feature calculation/selection) or model_uri
(model induction)

No need for mime types, as only URIs are exchanged.

Best regards,
Christoph Helma