[OTDev] IBMC services

Alexey alexey.zakharov at ibmc.msk.ru
Fri Nov 20 12:44:08 CET 2009

Dear Colleagues,

We used Apache ver.2.0.63 and PHP ver.5.2.6.6 for realization of IBMC REST
service for Windows. Windows socket was used for MNA descriptors calculation
via php queries. Windows socket as services listen port 8888, on which php
transfers data from Mol file. When the descriptors are calculated, socket
transfers the obtained descriptors into php controller and saves them as a
text file in the following: /OpenTox/feature/compound and transfers to user.
Windows socket was realized on Delphi development framework.

Location:

The web-service is available from: http://195.178.207.160/OpenTox/

HTTP GET methods that we already realized are also available are on the
page.

A Linux call (command line) to retrieve a list of available calculated
descriptors for one's compound looks like the following:

curl -X GET -H 'Accept:text/uri-list'
http://195.178.207.160/OpenTox/feature/compound/1/feature_definition/MNA/

Guidance:

At this stage of development to obtain MNA-descriptors, Mol file is used as
an input, e.g.:

curl -X POST -d "FileName= http://someserver.com/files /any.mol" -H
'Accept:tex

t/xml'
<http://195.178.207.160/OpenTox/algorithm/descriptorcalculation/MNA/>
http://195.178.207.160/OpenTox/algorithm/descriptorcalculation/MNA/

IBMC REST service uses the same requests as yours services realizing on
linux (unix systems).

The only difference is "/" (slash) should be written at the end of URL of
any curl request. This difference could be caused by particularities of
request processing with Apache, because in case of Poster Mozilla the
results return without "/" at the end of URL. We hope that we will fix this
problem via http Apache configuration, though we think that this difference
is not significant.

During the development we identified a problem with correct php answer on
the curl request in format, described on
<http://www.opentox.org/toxicity-prediction/opentoxservices>
http://www.opentox.org/toxicity-prediction/opentoxservices. This problem was
solved by changing of php code and by socket adaptation. So, user could use
POST query like is described on
<http://www.opentox.org/toxicity-prediction/opentoxservices>
http://www.opentox.org/toxicity-prediction/opentoxservices. Developed
service could be used as an example of possible solution for other
participants of OpenTox project, who will propose the soft under OS Windows.

Dear Nina, Christoph, Tobias, Stefan, Joerg,

Could you test our service? Looking forward to hear your questions and
comments.

Yours sincerely,

Alexey Zakharov.