[OTDev] RDF

chung chvng at mail.ntua.gr
Wed Dec 2 02:21:05 CET 2009

On Tue, 2009-12-01 at 19:25 +0200, Nina Jeliazkova wrote:
> chung wrote:
> > RDF issues and proposals:
> >

> >       * Change all rdf:datatype= “&xsd;string” to
> >
> This is generated by Protege, I guess both syntax might be equivalent.

It isn't valid according to the online W3C RDF validator though.

> >         rdf:datatype=”xsd:string”. Use more specific datatypes when
> >         possible. For example: <dc:identifier
> >         rdf:datatype=”xsd:anyURI”>http://valid/uri</dc:identifier>
> >
> OK
> >       * Identifiers such as xsd:nonPositiveInteger and
> >         xsd:positiveInteger could be used instead of xsd:int in some
> >         cases. See http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/ for reference.
> >
> OK, I'll be updating opentox.owl .
> >       * In Algorithm RDF representation, the element <dc:title> is
> >         terminated with a </dc:date>
> >
> Fixed.
> >       * Don't we need some extra information in the compound rdf
> >         document, such as its title which could be its IUPAC name?
> >

> Alternative option is to consider all identifier as Features , introduce
> an ontology for identifiers (e.g. CAS, Einecs, names, synonyms, etc.)
> and link with owl:sameAs.  This will allow handling names and other
> identifier when coming from different sources.

Its not very clear to me... You mean we should consider of the Dublin
Core identifiers ( http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/identifier objects)
as OpenTox Features (i.e. http://opentox.org/api/1.1/#Feature ), so that
every identifier is a Resource in an RDF graph?

Best Regards,
Pantelis