[OTDev] RDF

Nina Jeliazkova nina at acad.bg
Wed Dec 2 06:39:43 CET 2009

chung wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-12-01 at 19:25 +0200, Nina Jeliazkova wrote:
>
>> chung wrote:
>>
>>> RDF issues and proposals:
>>>

>>>       * Change all rdf:datatype= “&xsd;string” to
>>>

>> This is generated by Protege, I guess both syntax might be equivalent.
>>

> It isn't valid according to the online W3C RDF validator though.
>

>>>         rdf:datatype=”xsd:string”. Use more specific datatypes when
>>>         possible. For example: <dc:identifier
>>>         rdf:datatype=”xsd:anyURI”>http://valid/uri</dc:identifier>
>>>

>> OK
>>
>>>       * Identifiers such as xsd:nonPositiveInteger and
>>>         xsd:positiveInteger could be used instead of xsd:int in some
>>>         cases. See http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/ for reference.
>>>

>> OK, I'll be updating opentox.owl .
>>
>>>       * In Algorithm RDF representation, the element <dc:title> is
>>>         terminated with a </dc:date>
>>>

>> Fixed.
>>
>>>       * Don't we need some extra information in the compound rdf
>>>         document, such as its title which could be its IUPAC name?
>>>

>> Alternative option is to consider all identifier as Features , introduce
>> an ontology for identifiers (e.g. CAS, Einecs, names, synonyms, etc.)
>> and link with owl:sameAs.  This will allow handling names and other
>> identifier when coming from different sources.
>>

> Its not very clear to me... You mean we should consider of the Dublin
> Core identifiers ( http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/identifier objects)
> as OpenTox Features (i.e. http://opentox.org/api/1.1/#Feature ), so that
> every identifier is a Resource in an RDF graph?

No.  Dublin Core identifiers are properties, not resources and can not
be used as resources.   Please see my other email, Feature is defined as
owl:Class, as explained here
http://opentox.org/data/documents/development/RDF%20files/Feature

and elsewhere under RDF
http://opentox.org/data/documents/development/RDF%20files/

Example (more of them at
http://opentox.org/data/documents/development/RDF%20files/Feature)

    <http://localhost:8080/ambit2-www/feature/2>
          a       ot:Feature ;
          dc:identifier "http://localhost:8080/ambit2-www/feature/2" ;
          dc:title "Name" ;
          ot:hasSource "whatever" ;
          ot:units "" ;
          =       "http"//myontology/iupacname" .  #this is owl:sameAs ;
    there is also opentox:isA property, defined in opentox.owl, see examples

    #Dataset
    <http://localhost:8080/ambit2-www/dataset/whatever>
           #Data item
          ot:dataEntry
                  [ a       ot:DataEntry ;
                 #Compound - this is ot:Compound class, not a literal
                    ot:compound
    <http://localhost:8080/ambit2-www/compound/1> ;
                 #Any number of values, encapsulated in FeatureValue class
                    ot:values
                            [ a       ot:FeatureValue ;
                             #a FeatureValue has a single Feature
                              ot:feature