[OTDev] Dataset creation

Christoph Helma helma at in-silico.de
Fri Dec 4 15:34:09 CET 2009

Dear Nina, All,

As a followup to our discussion before I want to specify the obstacles,
that I have experienced for dataset creation.

Lets assume I am working on a feature generation service, that creates a
dataset as output and sends it to a datasetset service. The same problem
arises, if I want to create a dataset in RDF "by hand" to submit it to
the dataset service. Another use case would be the exchange of datasets
between two dataset services (e.g. if I want to import a dataset from
Ambit into my service).

First:
I can create only incomplete/wrong metadata (it is e.g. impossible to
know dc:identifier in advance). Shall I send an incomplete/incorrect RDF
(i.e. a RDF that does not pass our specifications) to the dataset
service and rely on the dataset service to complete/update the
information?

Second:
I am a little bit concerned about conflicts between anonymous nodes. I
see that Redland creates unique IDs for these nodes, but they might
conflict with IDs that exist in the dataset service. Do you think, that
could lead to problems - I have no idea how these IDs are handled during
merging.