[OTDev] TUM open questions (Algorithm Types)

Nina Jeliazkova nina at acad.bg
Mon Dec 7 12:05:39 CET 2009

Tobias, All,

Please find an updated versions of AlgorithmTypes.owl uploaded at
http://www.opentox.org/data/documents/development/RDF%20files/AlgorithmTypes/view

It now uses multiple inheritance rather than properties, e.g. the
instance RegressionEagerMultipleTarget is subclass of Regression ,
EagerLearning and  MultipleTargets classes.

There are (at least) two ways to link particular algorithm to this
ontology - either use owl:sameAs as in  "algorithm owl:sameAs
RegressionEagerMultipleTarget" , or declare that the algorithm is
subclass of e.g. Regression , EagerLearning and  MultipleTargets classes.

I don't know which one is better/recommended, perhaps somebody with more
expertise on ontologies building would reply.