[OTDev] Validation: classification statistics for non-binary class values

Martin Guetlein guetlein at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Tue Dec 8 11:34:23 CET 2009

Hello All,

as Harry noted in one of the last meetings, the classification
statistics in the validation object only take binary classification
into account so far. There can of course be more than one class value
(e.g. inacitve, moderately-active, active).
Hence, some classification results (e.g. numTruePositives) are now
available multiple times (once for each class-value).

As collections are not allowed in OWL-DL, I had to create
intermediate classes (following the scheme Nina proposed for the
dataset). Here is how an example of the Classification Statistics
Object may look like:

[[
default:thisClassificationStatistics
  a ot:classificationStatistics ;

  ot:accuracy "99.0"^^xsd:float ; # accuracy is only available once
  ot:numberUnclassified "26"^^xsd:int ;

  ot:classStatisticEntry
    [ a ot:classStatisticEntry ;
      ot:classValue "moderately_active"^^String ;
      ot:classStatisticValue
        [ a ot:ClassStatisticValue ;
          ot:classStatistic default:areaUnderRocCurve ;
          ot:value "0.77"^^:xsd:float ;
        ] ;
      ot:classStatisticValue
        [ a ot:ClassStatisticValue ;
          ot:classStatistic default:numTruePositives ;
          ot:value "123"^^:xsd:int ;
        ] ;
      ot:classStatisticValue

  ot:classStatisticEntry
    [ a ot:classStatisticEntry ;
      ot:classValue "intactive"^^String ;

  ot:classStatisticEntry
    [ a ot:classStatisticEntry ;
      ot:classValue "active"^^String ;
]]

Here is the old classification statistics object (I renamed it from
ClassifcationInformation to ClassificationStatistics):
http://www.opentox.org/data/documents/development/RDF%20files/Validation/#-ot-classificationinfo-rdf

Any comments, corrections before I add that to the opentox.owl?

Best regards,
Martin

--
Dipl-Inf. Martin Gütlein