[OTDev] Feature values

Tobias Girschick tobias.girschick at in.tum.de
Thu Dec 17 14:42:52 CET 2009

Dear Christoph,

I am not sure that I understand your question right. In your example,
are you talking about one feature that has a :smarts, p_value:, ....?
In this case we might have a (maybe) similar problem here, too. Because
at the moment I don't see a way to encode (descriptor calculation)
algorithm parameters in features. But if we generate descriptors by
pattern mining algorithms the algorithm parameters have to be encoded in
the feature somehow and the should be query-able to prevent double
calculations.

Regards,
Tobias

On Tue, 2009-12-15 at 14:24 +0100, Christoph Helma wrote:
> Dear Nina, All,
>
> I have to represent feature values as tuples (i.e. name/value pairs,
> e.g. :smarts => "NN", :p_value => 0.97, :effect => "activating", or
> :prediction => "active", :confidence => 0.5). For this purpose I have
> invented the OWL Class "Tuple", and the ObjectProperty 'tuple' that can
> be used instead of a (feature)value. Do you think that tuples should be
> included into opentox.owl or are there any other solutions for
> representing complex features.
>
> Best regards,
> Christoph

Dipl.-Bioinf. Tobias Girschick