[OTDev] Usecase development roadmaps

Andreas Karwath karwath at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Dec 23 14:12:14 CET 2009

Hi all.

1.) Vedrin, that sound failrly reasonable.

2.) Just a thought, knowing that it is somewhat impossible to solve:
	http://www.opentox.org/dev/testing

	Is in the development area - our use cases and deliverables are only
accessible for partners. That means, that pure developers cannot
access the links...

3.) Could one help me, to identify the ToxModel in our use case
szenarios? Is this mapping correct?

	FastTox : 3.A.1 Given a chemical structure, predict an endpoint  ( http://www.opentox.org/partners/usecases/3a1
  )
		if so which version? Original, IST or TUM?

	ToxModel:
		3.A.2 Given a set of endpoint data, develop and store a predictive
model ( http://www.opentox.org/partners/usecases/3a2 )
	or:
		3.A.5 (was originally 3.A.8) Given set of data for endpoint,
develop, internally validate and store multiple predictive models ( http://www.opentox.org/partners/usecases/3a5
  )

Kind regards,

Andreas

On 22 Dec 2009, at 18:46, Barry Hardy wrote:

> Dear Vedrin & All:
>
> Vedrin - so nice to have your help on useful summaries :).
> Suggestions look like a good capture from our discussion and we
> should proceed.
>
> The link for http://www.opentox.org/dev/requirements/use-cases is
> intended as a place-holder for completed reviewed use cases and I
> hope we load cases there as we achieve that in the New Year, but
> this is a current behind working todo.  It would be ok to use there,
> but perhaps better would be to set up corresponding testcase pages
> for FastTox and ToxModel for the first Prototype/iterations 3-4 in
> the test area:
> http://www.opentox.org/dev/testing
>
> Otherwise suggest we go ahead e.g.,
> a. Micha/Andreas setup initial structure (pages, alert function,
> template, any guidance .. etc.)
> b. Nina/Christoph/Stefan ¦ IDEA/IST/TUM setup initial outline on
> pages for primary two test cases
> c. All contributors add relevent comments/links/edits/links to
> individual or API issue trackers/deliverables cross referencing etc.
> d. We could add Test Case issue trackers
> We can then treat this area as the centralised ongoing reference for
> updates from all on first Prototype/iterations 3-4 tasks/issues and
> which can also be referred/linked to from OTD emails.
>
> Barry
>
> Vedrin Jeliazkov wrote:
>> Hi Micha, Barry, Christoph, All,
>>
>> During today's conference call we've agreed that we need to put
>> together development roadmaps for the FastTox and ToxModel usecases.
>> I'm wondering whether the appropriate location for publishing these
>> roadmaps is here:
>>
>> http://www.opentox.org/dev/requirements/use-cases
>>
>> Could you please clarify?
>>
>> In fact, it would be very nice if Micha could create placeholders for
>> these two pages at the appropriate location and provide pointers to
>> the list, in order to get this work item started as soon as possible.
>>
>> I've also tried to write down a very short summary of the items that
>> need to be included in these pages (in my opinion):
>>
>> 1) Detailed usecase workflow, linking each step to relevant
>> services/implementations and specifying the exact functional
>> dependencies all the way down to API compliant curl
>> requests/responses, as well as any additional requirements (when
>> applicable).
>>
>> 2) A table listing all workflow steps (states+transitions),
>> specifying
>> the current progress, involved developers, any further workflow
>> step-specific comments, as well as links to relevant bug/issue
>> trackers where specific workflow step related issues should be
>> reported.
>>
>> 3) A section for GUI design, including information on proposed
>> platform/tools (e.g. Java Web Start, RoR, PHP, etc), general GUI
>> workflow description, screenshots and links to relevant bug/issue
>> trackers where GUI testing issues should be reported.

> [...]

Dr. Andreas Karwath
Research Assistant
-----------------------------
Autonomous Intelligent Systems / Machine Learning Lab
Institute for Computer Science
Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg
Georges-Köhler-Allee 079
D-79110 Freiburg