[OTDev] Task history

Christoph Helma helma at in-silico.de
Wed Feb 24 17:36:51 CET 2010

Excerpts from surajit ray's message of Tue Feb 23 18:14:08 +0100 2010:
> Hi Nina,
>
> Should we not have some sort of task history parameter/value in the Task
> API. Otherwise in cases where there are multiple steps to a single a task -
> the user may not be able to see which step is failing .... or why...

I would organize tasks as trees, at least thats the way I have
implemented them by now. This allows eg. to kill parent tasks if one of
the childs fail. The present task API is IMHO quite incomplete and needs
some rework, but I did not want to bring this up for the current
version. This is certainly a topic, that should be considered for the
next API version.