[OTDev] Update Auth&Auth

Andreas Maunz andreas at maunz.de
Tue Mar 23 14:55:12 CET 2010

Hi Pantelis,

yes, it is possible.

Here you can find a condensed list of OpenSSO Services as of 10/2009:
http://blogs.sun.com/docteger/entry/opensso_and_rest
(also given in the document I sent around).

And this is the specific link to "Display Identity Data":
http://blogs.sun.com/docteger/entry/opensso_and_rest#attributes

Best regards
Andreas

chung wrote on 03/23/2010 02:44 PM:
> Hi Andreas,
>    There is something that is not yet very clear to me and I think it
> would be of interest for other developers as well. A user logs in and
> gets a token which uses to be identified by the various services in
> OpenTox. Suppose that a user provides its token to a model creation
> service. The created model should have a reference to the user that
> created it (something like ot:createdBy={userName}) which means that
> services need to know the username behind the token . Will it be
> possible to retrieve the username corresponding to a given token?
>
> Best regards,
> Pantelis
>
> On Fri, 2010-03-19 at 14:43 +0100, Andreas Maunz wrote:
>> Dear All,
>>
>> please find attached an updated version of the authentication and
>> authorization approach based on OpenSSO.
>>
>> Micha is currently working on migrating OpenTox website users and groups
>> into a standalone OpenDS server (LDAP), which is intended to serve as
>> the common backend for both Plone and OpenSSO. This way, we can
>> hopefully use all existing PLONE group configurations for access
>> policies in OpenSSO live!
>>
>> Things look quite promising up to now. A drawback is currently the lack
>> of a REST interface for mamnaging policies. Here is an overview over the
>> REST interface implemented in OpenSSO as of 10/2009:
>> http://blogs.sun.com/docteger/entry/opensso_and_rest
>>
>> Best regards
>> Andreas

http://www.maunz.de
OpenPGP key: http://www.maunz.de/andreas@maunz.de_pub.asc

              Warning: dates in calendar are closer than they appear