[OTDev] running Algorithm directly on a SD file?

Nina Jeliazkova nina at acad.bg
Fri Apr 2 11:08:26 CEST 2010

Nina Jeliazkova wrote:

> Egon Willighagen wrote:
>> Hi Nina,
>>
>> On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 10:17 AM, Nina Jeliazkova <nina at acad.bg> wrote:
>>
>>> For some algorithms it might do, but IMHO most of the services support only
>>> the mandatory RDF format so far.
>>>

>> That's fair. So, this would mean I need to write a OpenTox plugin that
>> can expose data from the Bioclipse workspace via the REST API.
>>
>> This is kind of exiting, but not trivial either... Eclipse comes with
>> Jetty, and I think RestLet supports that,
> Yes.
>>  but it does require making
>> Eclipse bundles for all that...
>>
> I am interested in evaluating options and helping with OpenTox service
> as Bioclipse plugin.
>
> Restlet claim to support OSGI bundles, but this is new area for me.
> If I am not wrong, eclipse bundles are OSGI bundles as well, so it
> should not be impossible to do.
>> Or, alternatively, people can use a public service... what OpenTox API
>> can people use to deposit data sets? (Which I can then use for testing
>> of Bioclipse functionality...)
>>
> You could use our test service at
> http://ambit.uni-plovdiv.bg:8080/ambit2/ .
>> Is it hard to set up a local OpenTox server? Are there 'packages',
>> like .deb, .rpm? Or "configure & make & make install"-able source
>> packages?
>>
> Hmmm, we are not there yet. The easiest way would be for you to deploy
> war file in a servlet container.  Will this be an option?

Forgot to add, that getting source from

https://ambit.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/ambit/trunk/ambit2-all

and running Maven build

$mvn package

should build the war file of ambit implementation of OpenTox web
services in  ambit2-all/ambit2-www/target   (same as at the test site above)

But you would need an instance of MySQL database running.

Regards,
Nina