[OTDev] running Algorithm directly on a SD file?

Nina Jeliazkova nina at acad.bg
Fri Apr 2 10:41:16 CEST 2010

Egon Willighagen wrote:
> Hi Nina,
>
> On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 10:17 AM, Nina Jeliazkova <nina at acad.bg> wrote:
>
>> For some algorithms it might do, but IMHO most of the services support only
>> the mandatory RDF format so far.
>>

> That's fair. So, this would mean I need to write a OpenTox plugin that
> can expose data from the Bioclipse workspace via the REST API.
>
> This is kind of exiting, but not trivial either... Eclipse comes with
> Jetty, and I think RestLet supports that,
Yes.
>  but it does require making
> Eclipse bundles for all that...

I am interested in evaluating options and helping with OpenTox service
as Bioclipse plugin.

Restlet claim to support OSGI bundles, but this is new area for me.  If
I am not wrong, eclipse bundles are OSGI bundles as well, so it should
not be impossible to do.
> Or, alternatively, people can use a public service... what OpenTox API
> can people use to deposit data sets? (Which I can then use for testing
> of Bioclipse functionality...)

You could use our test service at
http://ambit.uni-plovdiv.bg:8080/ambit2/ .
> Is it hard to set up a local OpenTox server? Are there 'packages',
> like .deb, .rpm? Or "configure & make & make install"-able source
> packages?

Hmmm, we are not there yet. The easiest way would be for you to deploy
war file in a servlet container.  Will this be an option?

Nina