[OTDev] descriptor recalculation

Tobias Girschick tobias.girschick at in.tum.de
Tue Apr 20 14:11:32 CEST 2010

Hi Nina,

the green and the black lines are two possibilities to go through the
workflow. In the pdf the workflow has to be read from bottom to top
(more or less). Everything starts with some prediction application (e.g.
ToxPredict or a ValidationService,...) that needs descriptors to be
recalculated for prediction. I added the third variant in red arrows and
made 3 out of the one slide to make it easier readable.

In version 1 (black) no descriptor recalculation service is needed and
every model service has to delegate the descriptor recalculation to all
descriptor calculation services.
In version 2 (green) the descriptor recalculation service is called by
the model service. The recalc service delegates the necessary descriptor
calculations. In both cases the model service gets a dataset that has
not all the descriptors needed to use the model for predicting the
dataset.
In version 3 (red) the descriptor recalculation service is called
directly by the application, delegates the descriptor calculations at
updates the dataset. This updated dataset is the submitted by the
application itself to the model service.

I hope this clarifies my rough sketch from last week.

regards,
Tobias

--
Dipl.-Bioinf. Tobias Girschick