[OTDev] descriptor recalculation

Nina Jeliazkova nina at acad.bg
Tue Apr 20 19:52:43 CEST 2010

Hi Tobias, All,

I am trying to think of API extension/change , necessary to include the
intermediate descriptor calculation service (preferably without making
it mandatory) ?

My suggestions:
1) For models and algorithms, there might be an (optional) parameter,
pointing to an URI of the new calculation service.  If the parameter is
missing and descriptor calculation is necessary, the model either
initiates the calculations itself, or returns an error.

2) The API of the new calculation service (is the 'recalculation' right
name for it - perhaps 'proxy calculation service' has a closer meaning ?)

GET: RDF representation of ot:Algorithm object; with algorithm type as
in  3)

POST
parameters:
dataset_uri - as usual
model_uri - the uri of the model
or (alternatively) algorithm_uris[] - list of descriptor calculation
algorithms

POST result -  returns URI of the dataset with calculated descriptors

3) eventually include a new type in Algorithms type ontology for the
proxy calculation service; and use it in the RDF representation of the
proxy service; thus one could find if such a service exist within the
list of algorithms.

Will this be sufficient ?  Not sure if I am not missing something
important, discussion welcome!