[OTDev] OpenTox Workshop in Berlin, May 30

Barry Hardy barry.hardy at douglasconnect.com
Mon Apr 26 10:19:45 CEST 2010

Dear All:
We will hold an OpenTox workshop near Berlin on the 30 May aimed to
discuss developments and progress new actions on the interoperable
development of predictive toxicology resources and applications
including the importance of Open Standards, Interfaces, Data, Schema and
Ontologies.

The workshop will include a variety of perspectives, a Knowledge Cafe
discussion and a boat trip around the lakes to network and chat in a
relaxed setting.

There is no registration fee to participate but places are limited to
invited participants in the developer and user communities that we can
accommodate. Please contact me between now and May 12 at the latest if
interested in requesting a place.

In addition to presenting and demonstrating on recent OpenTox
developments, representatives from many leading international projects
will participate to provide perspectives including Robert Kavlock,
Director, National Center for Computational Toxicology (US EPA); Carl
Westmoreland, Director, Science & Technology, Unilever Safety &
Environmental Assurance Centre (Unilever); Emilio Benfenati, Professor
and CAESAR Project Coordinator (Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche
Mario Negri); Stephen Bryant, Senior Investigator and PubChem Leader,
National Center for Biotechnology Information, National Library of
Medicine (National Institutes of Health, USA); Jeffrey S. Wiseman, CEO
(Pharmatrope); Egon Willighagen, Project Leader, Bioclipse and the CDK
(University of Uppsala); Michael Schwarz, Professor and Coordinator of
ReProTect (University of Tuebingen); Juergen Hescheler, Professor and
Coordinator of ESNATS (University of Cologne); Horst Spielmann,
Professor for Regulatory Toxicology (Freie Universität Berlin).

The draft program and schedule may be viewed at:
http://www.opentox.org/data/blogentries/public/opentoxworkshoppotsdam2010

best regards
Barry

Barry Hardy PhD
Director, Community of Practice & Research Activities
and OpenTox Project Coordinator (www.opentox.org)
Douglas Connect
Baermeggenweg 14
4314 Zeiningen