[OTDev] searchable web services

Martin Guetlein martin.guetlein at googlemail.com
Tue May 11 19:18:15 CEST 2010

Hello all,

I added a query functionality to ALU-FR's (validation) web services:
whenever a (uri-)list of resources is requested, URL-encoded params
can be used to filter the list of objects.

Example:

Get all validation objects:
curl http://opentox.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/validation

Get all validation objects with certain training dataset and algorithm:
curl http://opentox.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/validation?training_dataset_uri=http://opentox.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/dataset/2&algorithm_uri=http://opentox.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/algorithm/lazar

All API-defined-properties of the particular object can be used for
filtering. This is available for other objects like tasks, datasets,
models, ... as well. I'm not quite sure if that is the REST-way to do
it, but it is simple and should be useful. Should we add this
functionality to the API? What do you think?

Best regards,
Martin

--
Dipl-Inf. Martin Gütlein