[OTDev] searchable web services

Nina Jeliazkova nina at acad.bg
Wed May 12 08:03:47 CEST 2010

Hi Martin,

Martin Guetlein wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I added a query functionality to ALU-FR's (validation) web services:
> whenever a (uri-)list of resources is requested, URL-encoded params
> can be used to filter the list of objects.
>
> Example:
>
> Get all validation objects:
> curl http://opentox.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/validation
>
> Get all validation objects with certain training dataset and algorithm:
> curl http://opentox.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/validation?training_dataset_uri=http://opentox.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/dataset/2&algorithm_uri=http://opentox.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/algorithm/lazar
>
> All API-defined-properties of the particular object can be used for
> filtering. This is available for other objects like tasks, datasets,
> models, ... as well. I'm not quite sure if that is the REST-way to do
> it, but it is simple and should be useful. Should we add this
> functionality to the API? What do you think?

Yes, we should have searching added to the API.  Almost all IDEA
services currently support ?search="whatever"  parameter, e.g.
/compound?search=benzene or /task?search=Running or
/dataset?search=name, but we don't have this standardized in the API.

Could we start a wiki page, summarizing what queries we would like to
have for different objects?