[OTDev] List of all resources and authentication

chung chvng at mail.ntua.gr
Fri Jun 18 12:09:05 CEST 2010

Hello Nina,
  I think it would be both more efficient for the server (because it
would provide shorter representations) and for the client (to be able to
view only the resources to which it has access) if the services return
only a URI list of resources at which the client has access. Otherwise
the services would have to return very long lists of URIs or even RDF
documents.

  However if we decide to return the complete list I think it would be
good practice if clients requested only URI lists and not RDFs for the
sake of shorter representations. Recall that RDF representations contain
all information about the underlying resources, for example if you ask
for an RDF/XML representation of all model you can see every model's
independent and dependent variables etc.

Best regards,
Pantelis

New Book: Teach yourself C in 45 years, Volume I.
Special offers for life prisoners ;)