[OTDev] List of all resources and authentication

Nina Jeliazkova nina at acad.bg
Fri Jun 18 11:36:00 CEST 2010

Hi,

Good question.  The easiest workaround would be to return URIs of all
resources, regardless of the ownership/policy - if the user wants to
retrieve representation of the  particular resource, then the
authorisation applies.  This will not break protection of confidential
resources, since the client will get only links, not resources
themselves.  And this is how typical web page works as well - you can
see the links, but accessing the links might require AA.

In fact, retrieving list of resources should rely on the policy for the
top level resource (e.g. /model )  , which might have GET allowed for
everybody.