[OTDev] List of all resources and authentication

chung chvng at mail.ntua.gr
Fri Jun 18 14:16:44 CEST 2010

On Fri, 2010-06-18 at 15:07 +0300, Nina Jeliazkova wrote:
> > Is there any kind of information in the representation of a model which
> > should be hidden/protected? I think the model representations as they
> > are now do not have anything about the model itself such as its
> > equation, coefficients etc...
> >
> No, but you have this in PMML / TEXT representation .  I would say the
> current model API is a bit inconsistent, since RDF is actually a
> metadata of the model, not the model itself.
> It might be reasonable to introduce additional URIs to retrieve model
> content, where applicable, e.g.  /model/1 retrieves metadata,
> but /model/1/content retrieves the model itself.

If you need model's metadata, ask for RDF otherwise ask for
application/xml and you get the PMML representation of the model, i.e.
its content. So I don't think we really need to separate these. What is
more there are models with no content such as leverages or even some
lazy ones (like kNN), so /model/{id}/content will be redundant.

Best Regards,
Pantelis