[OTDev] A&A: precautions against pre-registering resources

Andreas Maunz andreas at maunz.de
Mon Jun 28 13:28:22 CEST 2010

Dear all,

I propose to make the A&A policy webservice more secure by checking
availability of resource URIs at policy upload time.
This is to tackle the issue of "pre-registration", i.e., to stop an
attacker from registering arbitrary "promising" resource URIs (not under
his control), by enforcing that every URI in a policy is actually reachable.
Being "reachable" means that the webservice at the corresponding URI
reacts by returning an arbitrary return code other than "404 (not found)".
If nothing speaks against that I will add the functionality within the
next few days. Please tell me, if you hold a different view on the issue.

Best regards
Andreas