[OTDev] A&A: precautions against pre-registering resources

chung chvng at mail.ntua.gr
Mon Jun 28 18:28:56 CEST 2010

Hi Andreas,
  Is it possible to allow just web services to create policies prior to
resource's actual creation? [I mean
using some token of theirs identifying them as web services and not
using other users' tokens]
If one attempts a DOS attack you can just disable the attacker's account
or if one creates policies in an
unexpectedly large frequency you can block the account for some time. It
would be more convenient if
we removed such a restriction.

Note: This is not an objection, it would be just easier to me to go
without this restriction.

Best regards,
Pantelis