[OTDev] A&A: precautions against pre-registering resources

Nina Jeliazkova nina at acad.bg
Mon Jun 28 21:08:19 CEST 2010

Hi Andreas,

Unless we invent specific query parameter/media type for the
"reachability test" , this could be quite inefficient.   For example, if
one happens to try to GET /dataset/{id} ,  for a large dataset , and
ignore the results , this will be a waste of resources (server, network
and perhaps client's ).

Regards,
Nina