[OTDev] A&A: precautions against pre-registering resources

Andreas Maunz andreas at maunz.de
Tue Jun 29 16:40:16 CEST 2010

Luchesar V. ILIEV wrote on 06/29/2010 04:25 PM:
> And it's really the policy service that matters. OpenSSO need not (as
> far as I can ascertain at the moment) require client certificates for
> its connections.

Ah, ok. That's nice to hear. :-) Yes, it makes sense to primarily target
the policy service.

> So, if you can get access to the client certificate from within the
> policy service, that would be great. I'm afraid I don't have much
> experience with programming webservices, but I'll try to educate
> myself more on the matter as well.

My approach would be to forward the appropriate SSL traffic directly the
policy webservice.
The webserver there could then do anything with it, also checking the
client certificate.
Just the basic idea, but I'll investigate the possibilities.

Greetings
Andreas