[OTDev] ambit.uni-plovdiv.bg is UP

Vedrin Jeliazkov vedrin.jeliazkov at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 12:21:45 CEST 2010

Hi Tobias,

Since you've been asking, I wanted to notify you that the maintenance
of ambit.uni-plovdiv.bg has finished at 12:45 EEST and the OT services
hosted there are available again.

Kind regards,
Vedrin

PS: I also submitted a feature request to Nina yesterday (to be
further discussed with other developers), which would enable OT
services to respond with some configurable message when they're not
available for some known reason. This might work as follows:

1) A privileged user (authenticated and authorized by AA) sends a POST
with the aforementioned user-friendly message, which as a side effect
also initiates the maintenance mode of the given service. Some
additional parameters (like duration of the maintenance) might be
handy.

2) While in maintenance mode, the service returns the aforementioned
user-friendly message to _any_ request it receives, instead of further
processing it.

3) When maintenance is over, the service switches back to normal
(full) operating mode. This could happen either because the configured
maintenance period has finished or as a consequence of another request
(POST?) sent by the privileged user, instructing the service to switch
to full operating mode.

What do you think?