[OTDev] AA status

Nina Jeliazkova jeliazkova.nina at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 11:10:18 CEST 2010

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 11:59 AM, Andreas Maunz <andreas at maunz.de> wrote:

> Luchesar V. ILIEV wrote on 07/19/2010 10:53 AM:
>
>  Therefore, I'd like to ask for your opinion: is there a need to place
>> the protection at component level such that would outweigh the
>> additional technical burden. In fact, there's extra burden if we
>> protect at the root as well, because we need to have a mechanism to
>> "reroute" queries for specific components to the root policy.

In principle, such "rerouting" can be done by the service itself.  For
example, the dataset service no doubt keeps information which compound
belongs to which dataset , and therefore, upon /compound GET request, the
service can request Authz for the relevant dataset.

This brings the issue what should happen if a compound belong to several
datasets with different policies.

> As Luchesar pointed out, we suggest to protect resources for compound
> datasets only, e.g. datasets, models, validations.
> Otherwise, since everything is exposed as resource URI, in the most extreme
> case one could also register single feature values, such as 'true' or
> 'false'.

Indeed.  But we have Features exposed via API, not feature values anymore ;
feature values are only exposed via dataset API.  Regarding features, the
same strategy as for compounds could be used.

Regards,
Nina