[OTDev] NTUA WebServices

Christoph Helma helma at in-silico.ch
Fri Aug 20 15:42:56 CEST 2010

Excerpts from Vedrin Jeliazkov's message of Fri Aug 20 12:39:34 +0200 2010:
> Hi Christoph,
>
> Nina is flying to ACS' fall national meeting in Boston right now. I'll
> try to answer your queries on her behalf. Nina could provide further
> details (if needed) as soon as she gets a chance to open her mailbox.

No need to hurry - I am not running out of work here ;-)

> On 20 August 2010 12:03, Christoph Helma <helma at in-silico.ch> wrote:
> > Excerpts from Nina Jeliazkova's message of Mon Aug 16 17:27:03 +0200 2010:
> >> curl -X POST -d dataset_uri=$dataset_uri -d model_uri=$model_uri
> >> http://apps.ideaconsult.net:8080/ambit2/algorithm/superservice
> >>
> >> Returns task URL.
> >
> > Thanks! I have tried with
> >
> > curl -X POST -d dataset_uri=http://ot-dev.in-silico.ch/dataset/356 -d model_uri=http://apps.ideaconsult.net:8080/ambit2/algorithm/J48 http://apps.ideaconsult.net:8080/ambit2/algorithm/superservice
> >
> > which returns the RDF (not task URI):
>
> Yes, according to the current API, RDF is returned by default. If you
> prefer to receive a uri-list, then you should add a corresponding
> Accept header to the POST request:
>
> - - - - - - - - 8< - - - - - - - -
> vedrin at ambit:~$ curl -X POST -H "Accept:text/uri-list" -d
> dataset_uri=http://ot-dev.in-silico.ch/dataset/356 -d
> model_uri=http://apps.ideaconsult.net:8080/ambit2/algorithm/J48
> http://apps.ideaconsult.net:8080/ambit2/algorithm/superservice
> http://apps.ideaconsult.net:8080/ambit2/task/33ca80be-2d2b-47c0-bc89-0c9fdb706016
> - - - - - - - - 8< - - - - - - - -

Ok, thanks for clarification.

> Well, you could have a look at a somehow similar working example
> (without a superservice invocation though) here:
>
> http://ambit.uni-plovdiv.bg/cgi-bin/smokeping.cgi?target=IDEA.Algorithms.J48ModCreation
>
> I tried to follow this example with the relevant feature URI in your
> case (http://ot-dev.in-silico.ch/toxcreate/feature#hamster_carc), but
> got the same error as the one you've reported above. I don't have a
> clue what's going wrong ... One possible culprit is that this feature
> cannot be found:
>
> - - - - - - - - 8< - - - - - - - -
> vedrin at ambit:~$ curl 'http://ot-dev.in-silico.ch/toxcreate/feature#hamster_carc'
> <h1>Not Found</h1>vedrin at ambit:~$
> - - - - - - - - 8< - - - - - - - -

As we do not run a feature service I use "fake" URIs for features
(intending to replace them with links to ontology entries later). I can
of course provide a "valid" link for features if necessary.

> ... but again, I'm not sure whether this is expected or not (I noticed
> that in fact http://ot-dev.in-silico.ch/toxcreate/feature#hamster_carc
> is available in http://ot-dev.in-silico.ch/dataset/356). It is not
> clear either whether there's only one single reason for the failure or
> an accumulation of several issues. I guess Nina will have to shed some
> light on this.

It could be also a dataset compatibility issue, but I am using the same
libraries as Martin and his services seem to work.