[OTDev] Experiments with RDF

Nina Jeliazkova jeliazkova.nina at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 14:52:19 CEST 2010

Hi Pantelis,

I guess there is a typo in your report , where you say "Jena was about 14
seconds faster than StAX based on 32 successive measurements that are
presented in the following figure", but on the figure response times using
Jena (red line) are higher than StAX.

Also, the statement "It was shown that StAX outperforms the internal
implementation of Jena for parsing RDF documents" is not entirely correct,
as currently StAX is used for writing (serializing), not for parsing RDF
documents.

Finally, as we discussed off-list, would be good to split the response time
into a download time and RDF parse time.