[OTDev] Experiments with RDF

chung chvng at mail.ntua.gr
Wed Oct 6 15:32:37 CEST 2010

Hi Nina,

On Wed, 2010-10-06 at 15:52 +0300, Nina Jeliazkova wrote:

> Hi Pantelis,
>
> I guess there is a typo in your report , where you say "Jena was about 14
> seconds faster than StAX based on 32 successive measurements that are
> presented in the following figure", but on the figure response times using
> Jena (red line) are higher than StAX.

  You're right, that was just a typo! Indeed your implementation of StAX
is faster and I'm also interested in using it for serializing datasets
and other objects into RDF. Could you send me a link and maybe some
hints on how to use your source code? If possible let me know of any
dependencies I need.

> Also, the statement "It was shown that StAX outperforms the internal
> implementation of Jena for parsing RDF documents" is not entirely correct,
> as currently StAX is used for writing (serializing), not for parsing RDF
> documents.

Yes, I will rephrase that.

> Finally, as we discussed off-list, would be good to split the response time
> into a download time and RDF parse time.

That is the next step...

Best regards,
Pantelis