[OTDev] Is OpenTox service registering into an ontology service? Which one?

Egon Willighagen egon.willighagen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 16:37:58 CEST 2010

Hi Tobias,

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 4:18 PM, Tobias Girschick
<tobias.girschick at in.tum.de> wrote:
> I am not sure I get the whole thing. Just to clarify. If I issue a GET
> on, e.g., TUMserver/algorithm/CDK/sparqlendpoint the result would be the
> URI of all ontology servers the algorithm is registered with?

My practical use case is the following... I know about a particular
OpenTox API server (the REST one), but for some things I rather query
the SPARQL end point (a ontology server?), instead of cherry picking
via the REST interface, which would be inefficient...

In particularly, it's much easier to query all all ot:Algorithm's that
bo:instanceOf a bo:MolecularDescriptor, than iterating over all
ot:Algorithm's returned by the /algorithm/ REST point...

This particularly becomes significant if there are only a few ontology
servers that cover many OpenTox API servers...

So, given I know a OpenTox API server with the REST API, I would like
to know indeed what ontology server (SPARQL end point) knows about the
REST server... I'm happy with one SPARQL end point, but fine with a
exhaustive list of where the REST services have been registered...

So, from the ontology server it is clear what the REST servers are,
but I like to be able to go the other way too...

Egon

--
Dr E.L. Willighagen
Postdoctoral Research Associate