[OTDev] A&A

Nina Jeliazkova jeliazkova.nina at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 15:16:35 CEST 2010

Hi Tobias,

On 21 October 2010 16:07, Tobias Girschick <tobias.girschick at in.tum.de>wrote:

> Hi Nina, Andreas, All,
>
> while adding the A&A functionality to the TUM webservices I stumbled
> upon one question: is there a uniform way how the user credentials
> (username, password) are passed to the services (not the A&A services
> but an algorithm for example)?
>
> Meaning do I issue:
> curl -X GET
> http://localhost:8080/OpenTox-dev/tox/test?username=usr&password=pwd -iv
> or
> curl -X GET -d 'username=usr' -d 'password=pwd'
> http://localhost:8080/OpenTox-dev/tox/test -iv
>
> I didn't find anything in the A&A Deliverable or the API...

Your observation is absolutely correct, AFAIK this is not (yet!) defined in
the API .

> I think I have seen the first version in the AMBIT code (might be
> deprecated version)
>
> Object username =
> request.getResourceRef().getQueryAsForm().getFirstValue(username_tag);

It's not deprecated, but was done quickly to test the the AA and is used
only for a test resource.

I think it would be best if you just pick up parameter names which you
prefer (hopefully the same as ALU and NTUA are using) and document it in the
wiki.  I don't have preferences and it will be easy to change ambit code to
reflect your choice.