[OTDev] A&A

Tobias Girschick tobias.girschick at in.tum.de
Fri Oct 22 17:15:31 CEST 2010

Hi Micha, All,

On Fri, 2010-10-22 at 11:04 +0200, Micha Rautenberg wrote:
> Hi Tobias, All,
>
> yes it should be in API 1.2 and (in my opinion) in every component even
> if it is optional.

Ok. I think that's a good solution.

> and a short comment on the algorithm example
>
> curl -X GET -d 'username=usr' -d 'password=pwd'
> http://localhost:8080/OpenTox-dev/algorithm/test -iv
>
> should use the token from the opensso authentication
>
> curl -X GET -d 'token_id=token'
> http://localhost:8080/OpenTox-dev/algorithm/test -iv
>
> you authenticate once and then use the token afterwards. Each
> webservices proofs authorization with the token.

The problem is, that in this case, the user would have to authenticate
on his own before using a 'restricted' web service. Or is it in this
case a 'security breach', as the service get's the uid and pwd? It would
be convenient to just use my pwd and my username if I want to issue just
one service call...
Has this been discussed and I am not finding and/or remembering the
results or is this still an open issue?

best regards,
Tobias

Email: tobias.girschick at in.tum.de