[OTDev] OpenTox API quiz

Egon Willighagen egon.willighagen at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 10:06:46 CEST 2010

Hi Nina,

On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 8:34 AM, Nina Jeliazkova
<jeliazkova.nina at gmail.com> wrote:
> - Should it be exposed by OpenTox services as ot:Algorithm or ot:Model ?

Is a ot:Model a subclass of ot:Algorithm?

Then again... ot:Algorithm is an implementation of an algorithm,
correct? And an ot:Model would be a more abstract 'model'... but
ot:Model is actually the implementation too, right? Otherwise, you
could not use it to actually have it calculate something...

> - What is the right way to use / extend Blue Obelisk descriptors dictionary
> to describe this implementation?

At the Blue Obelisk Descriptor ontology, we do not have the concept of
a 'model', but algorithms (descriptions or protocols for how to do
something), and implementations (algorithms expressed in a programming
language, possibly using a particular set of data, such as isotope
masses, atom type lists, etc).

Egon

--
Dr E.L. Willighagen