[OTDev] Dataset API

Christoph Helma helma at in-silico.ch
Thu Nov 4 09:39:59 CET 2010

Dear All,

Under POST /dataset I have found the description "entries for existing
compound/feature pairs will be overwritten, entries for new
compound/features will be added". I guess that should be moved to PUT
/dataset/{id} - is this correct?

To replace a dataset at an existing URI I would use POST /dataset/{id} -
shall we add that to the API?

If a dataset has been created by an algorithm or model I would add
ot:hasSource and ot:parameters to the metadata to make dataset creation
reproducible.  In theory I should add the same info to the features, but
this is highly redundant and could use a lot of space for large feature
sets (eg. from substructure mining). Would it be sufficent to specify
the datset with ot:hasSource for each feature?