[OTDev] OpenSSO protected datasets

Nina Jeliazkova jeliazkova.nina at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 14:17:57 CET 2011

On 12 January 2011 15:12, Egon Willighagen <egon.willighagen at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 1:32 PM, Nina Jeliazkova
> <jeliazkova.nina at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> /dataset/{id}/compound
> >>
> >> gives a list of all compounds in the dataset this should be definitely
> >> protected. /dataset/{id}/feature could maybe left without policy.
> >
> > I guess it depends  - if features refer to sensitive data , it might make
> > sense to be protected.
>
> Aren't experimental data also listed as features? If I was secretive,
> I would certainly not say what experiment techniques we've been using
> either...

Yes, exactly what I have in mind starting this thread.

> I'd say the policy of anything below dataset/{id} should
> follow that of dataset/{id} itself...

Right, but there is more than that, as /feature/id  and /compound/id are
actually accessible on their own and should have their own policies, unless
we find some other solution.

> You may also need to think about 'leaking' such info via summaries...
> that is, that such policied 'feature' types are not found via other
> means either...

BTW, what do you think about /dataset/id/metadata   - this should normally
include things like dataset name and other dc:* annotation properties ?

Nina

Egon