[OTDev] Fwd: Re: Your contribution to the Toxicology Ontology Roadmap

Nina Jeliazkova jeliazkova.nina at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 07:46:42 CET 2011

On 22 February 2011 08:43, Nina Jeliazkova <jeliazkova.nina at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 22 February 2011 00:05, Barry Hardy <barry.hardy at douglasconnect.com> wrote:
>> Was discussing this topic with Ola and we both agreed we should open it up
>> for discussion to OpenTox developers.  Your feedback to Ola very welcome!
>>
>> Barry
>>

>> On 20 feb 2011, at 19.18, Barry Hardy wrote:
>>
>>>  Thanks Ola.
>>>
>>>  I had a thought/question - you/Egon made initial progress on getting
>>>  OpenTox services talking to Bioclipse client; what about the reverse
>>>  problem: what would be needed for data, algs, models in Bioclipse to
>>>  talk with OpenTox?
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Me and Lars at AZ thought about it too and agreed it would be nice project.
>> However I think it requires some work, but I don´t know the status of the
>> latest OpenTox frameworks for publishing models online. Are there any SDKs
>> available for this? The AMBIT server seems more a proof-of-concept than an
>> actual framework to use (needs to be recompiled for adding services).
>> ToxOtis is more for clients if I understand it correctly. Does it exist some
>> thing like SADI has for building services
>> (http://sadiframework.org/content/getting-involved/)? A plugin for Protege
>> or Java service skeleton would be very nice to have...?The best way would be
>> if it would be possible to drop services into a container (such as copying a
>> WAR file into tomcat) and the application server would set up the rest for
>> you. If nothing like this exist then I propose a solution based on OSGi for
>> dynamically adding models to a running server instance. Maybe you can
>> elaborate on the current status of things?
>>

> There is an initial implementation of such a skeleton at
>
> https://ambit.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/ambit/branches/opentox/opentox-demoserver
>
> Not completed though.
>
> If we decided this is a priority, it needs only few touches to be
> completed as a skeleton code.

Could you tell if there are algorithms/models in Bioclipse ,
additional to those, available via CDK ?  For example , adding
anything that implements CDK IMolecular Descriptor interface in ambit
services is as easy as adding one configuration line with descriptor
class name.

Same for all Weka machine learning models.

Regards,
Nina