[OTDev] Fwd: Re: Your contribution to the Toxicology Ontology Roadmap

Nina Jeliazkova jeliazkova.nina at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 08:27:25 CET 2011

Ola,

There are many ways to make a system modular.  One (but not only ) way is
OSGI .  As OSGI is a Java framework, we adopted different way to achieve
modularity in Opentox, which does not depend on particular language, and a
model might be implemented in any language and run anywhere in the internet,
not necessary on one single server.

Within a Java service, I agree with your suggestion (although for
performance and stability reasons I would prefer not  to allow dynamically
plugged modules on a production server ...).  In any way, we need to spend
more efforts on this.

Regards,
Nina