[OTDev] Receiving task

Druzhilovsky dmitry.druzhilovsky at ibmc.msk.ru
Fri Feb 25 11:35:45 CET 2011

Dear Nina, All

I would like to ask you a technical question. Last week I fixed a code of MNA\QNA services and
dashed against next problem. When I receive request, for example:

curl -X POST -d dataset_uri=https://apps.ideaconsult.net:8443/ambit2/dataset/2765 -d dataset_service=https://ambit.uni-plovdiv.bg:8443/ambit2/dataset -d username=OTlogin -d password=OTPassword http://195.178.207.160/OpenTox/MakeMNA -iv

I have next stages:
1. Service checks presence of dataset https://apps.ideaconsult.net:8443/ambit2/dataset/2765 and if it presents, service uploads it.
2. Service returns a token.
3. Service gives request to https://ambit.uni-plovdiv.bg:8443/ambit2/dataset and receives task.
4. Service sends data into dataset in compliance with task dataset.

Not difficult... but for good working of REST PHP I had to make some supplements and it makes service work very long. May be you can help me, how I have to change a work of our services. Look:

Now I receive a task only after service (MNA or QNA) puts the first compound in https://ambit.uni-plovdiv.bg:8443/ambit2/dataset (i.c. https://ambit.uni-plovdiv.bg:8443/ambit2/dataset/63684). After that service begins to add all next data by means of PUT and constantly listens "task". That is, each subsequent structure is put in base using URI https://ambit.uni-plovdiv.bg:8443/ambit2/dataset/63684.   This schema brings to the cycle and growth of process time.
1. Whether there is a possibility that service received "task" prior to it sent first structure?
2. Whether there is a possibility that service could put data using only task (without dataset uri)?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards

Dmitry S. Druzhilovsky

Laboratory of Structure-Function Based Drug Design
119121, Russia, Moscow, Pogodinskaya street, 10
Phone: +7 499 255-30-29
Fax: +7 499 245-08-57