[OTDev] Validation: Efficiency

Christoph Helma helma at in-silico.ch
Fri Feb 25 20:01:51 CET 2011

> Tell me if this is better than before (there are still things left to
> optimize)  . This is run from a remote machine.
>
> $ time curl -H "Accept:application/rdf+xml"
> http://apps.ideaconsult.net:8080/ambit2/dataset/10?max=2000 1> cpdbas.rdf
>   % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time
>  Current
>                                  Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left
>  Speed
> 100 12.5M    0 12.5M    0     0  2043k      0 --:--:--  0:00:06 --:--:--
> 2210k
>
> real    0m6.295s
> user    0m0.036s
> sys     0m0.136s
>
>  Subset should take less time (as well as different mime type).

Wow, makes a much faster impression (not timeouts) than before. Here are
my figures (DSL with official 15‘000 Kbit/s download):

Download only:

curl -H "Accept:application/rdf+xml"  > cpdbas.rdf  0.10s user 0.18s system 1% cpu 24.085 total

With RDF parsing:

rapper -i rdfxml -o ntriples   4.21s user 1.23s system 16% cpu 33.469 total

> Mapped to our services, there is a need for top level "noun"
>
> http://host:port/ambit2/{set_id}/{dataset_id}
>
> http://host:port/ambit2/dataset/{set_id}/{dataset_id}

This is what I had in mind. I guess we will need a slight API
modification to create dataset sets (e.g. POST
http://host:port/ambit2/dataset/set to create a set, which can be the
target of a further POST to create a dataset).

I am not sure if such a solution fits well into the framework, as the
OpenTox way to group datasets would be through ontology entries - but
that does not reduce the number of policies.  Lets hear Martins and
Andreas opinions first, maybe someone else has also another idea how to
reduce the number of validation policies.