[OTDev] ToxCreate integration of Ambit classification datasets

Nina Jeliazkova jeliazkova.nina at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 13:50:44 CET 2011

On 23 March 2011 14:25, Christoph Helma <helma at in-silico.ch> wrote:

> Nina,
>

> > If you look at /dataset/9  RDF  representation, there is ot:acceptValue
>  in
> > RDF representation, which lists possible values for the feature. This was
> > agreed for API 1.1 and is in the opentox.owl , and is used by TUM/NTUA
> > services as far as I know.
> >
> > <http://apps.ideaconsult.net:8080/ambit2/feature/21573>
> >       a       ot:Feature , ot:NumericFeature , ot:NominalFeature ;
> >       dc:creator "
> http://www.epa.gov/NCCT/dsstox/sdf_isscan_external.html" ;
> >       dc:title "Canc" ;
> >       ot:acceptValue "3.0" , "1.0" ;
> >       ot:hasSource <
> >
> http://apps.ideaconsult.net:8080/ambit2/dataset/ISSCAN_v3a_1153_19Sept08.1222179139.sdf
> >
> > ;
> >       ot:units "" ;
> >       =       otee:Carcinogenicity .
> >
> > I would suggest modifying your implementation to use ot:acceptValue,
> instead
> > of regexp.
>
> Oops, I forgot about this one. Is ot:acceptValue ordered, i.e. can I
> trust, that the first value indicates always true/active and the second
> one false/inactive?

No, no guarantee on that - the order is arbitrary , and the values could be
more than two.  I could easily enforce an alphabetical order , if this would
help.

I guess you question is related to how the results are presented to the
user, otherwise for the classification method it should not matter - correct
?

If the concern is the user interface indeed, I think we should introduce
some additional property to represent some kind of toxicological meaning,
independent of ot:acceptValue.  This will help user interface to show e.g.
green/red flags (or more colors).   In the context of Bioclipse there was a
suggestion of  ot:isToxic property,  but it needs a bit more thinking to
handle the generic case of >2 classes.